Friday, July 27, 2012

FIRST PHOTOS HOME

I LOVE WEARING THIS NAME TAG !!
It is a constant reminder to me of whose
work this is.  It's humbling.

This is my district (without Sister Boegenshutz), Elders Chamberlain, Cornwall, Mingus, Bount,  Stack, Hulet, Peck, Chrisney, Murdock, and Mahaffey.  Elder Peck - I LOVE Elder Peck!  He is one of my best friends.  He kinda reminds me of Logan.  Elder Mingus is another fave.  He has my humor...but I love this entire district.  They are all so unique and great. I am overwhelmed to be their district leader, but I know God will give me strength to perform this work...  "as for my strength, I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things."  (Alma 26:12) 


  Myself with Companion Elder Chamberlain.  He is hilarious.  Everyone loves his dry humor.  He's very dramatic and makes up Shakesperian monologues.  He knows EVERY movie quote!

 "We are as the armies of Helaman...  We have been called in our youth...  And we will be the Lord's missionaries........... to bring the world  His Truth."
Meeting up with Elder Nick Bonner from Chesterfield Missouri.  It is so great to see him and sit down and chat with such a dear friend.

 This is our weekly schedule...quite a change from the Hawaiian schedule I kept, but I am loving it here!!!  I love being a missionary!!!  I wish I could write everything I've learned, but it's impossible.  I'M SO HAPPY!  I feel like Ammon - "Behold...I cannot say the smallest part which I feel."  And,  "Who can glory too much in the Lord?" 
These are my Cebuano Scriptures!  Seriously, you would laugh if you heard me speaking this language.  It doesn't even sound like a real language.  It amazes me that we can say things that sound like jibberish, and people understand what we are saying.  HA!  It's crazy, but I LOVE IT!!!

This took me nearly 4 hours of my p-day to write these 13 letters!  Major hand cramp.  I am so grateful for the letters I receive.  You have no idea how much they uplift me and encourage me.  Thank you SOOOO much.  I LOVE YOU!  Elder Mahaffey

No comments:

Post a Comment