Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Cuz I'm Leavin...on and Airbus....


AYOOO! Kamusta mo, ang akong nindot nga pamilya!
 
Well well well. I'm goin to the philippines tomorrow! HAHA! what?! I can't explain to you what I'm feeling. It's like wanting to laugh and then throw up and then twitch and cough and gag and smile and laugh and jump. (Imagine that). I am SO excited and stressed and I feel like I still have so much to do...It's like I'm moving to Asia for 2 years or something!! hahaha...ha..
 
Anyway, this week has been the best at the MTC. First of all, Tuesday night, we heard from an Apostle!!! Elder Niel Andersen. It was incredible. Everyone stood when he walked in and I was just overwhelmed to see one of the Twelve Apostles of Jesus Christ standing right there. I sang in the Choir and the camera zoomed right in on my face and I wanted to look right at it and mouth "HI ELDER ANDERSEN!!" hahaha oh man but he said just that morning President Monson said to tell us that he loved us and express his gratitude. His talk was just all advice for our missions and just hearing him speak, I KNOW he's called of God. It was amazing.
 
Then I was able to Host on wednesday for new missionaries and it was so weird seeing Elders just starting their MTC experience and I'm ending mine. Time is weird. It was so sad to see everybody saying goodbye for 2 years and crying but I know this is where we're supposed to be!
 
Then on Wednesday night, we had TRC. I love TRC. we taught this one returned missionary from Cebu about the importance of the book of mormon and I felt like I was really struggling with my Cebuano but then the Spirit was so strong and she started crying and she said that we just said EXACTLY what she needed to hear and she kept thanking us. It was an awesome experience.
 
Oh man, let me tell you. Laughing is the best. I know exactly what Sister Mahaffey means...it's so refreshing to have a good laugh every day. I've grown to love my district so much. We have the best time and then we can sit down and have the most spiritual meeting. Last night was our last night all together because Elder Murdock and Sister Bogenschutz are going to Tacloban Mission and we all just shared our testimonies and I was so happy. We were all sent at the same time for a reason and I couldn't have asked for a better district to start off the mission.
 
I am so exhausted. It's great. I've never appreciated sleep so much. I don't know how I lived before the mission.... I love just layin down after a long day and takin a big breath and I'm out. This week I learned so much. Lemme break it down right quick: brother young said "If you remembered Christ every minute of the day, think of how different you would live your life. Strive for that!" We should always ALWAYS be like Christ. In everything thing we do and think and say. Of course we all make mistakes, but that's why we have the Atonement. God has thought of everything, you know? I love what Preach My Gospel says, "All that is unfair about life can be made right through the Atonement." And it all starts with faith. Faith is SUCH a principle of power. Christ said "If you have faith in me, ye shall have power to do anything that's expedient in me" (Moroni 7:33) We gain faith through diligent scripture study and prayer and obedience. Isnt' that great? Happy day, All is well!
 
Anyway, I gotta go pack for the Philippines HAHAHABROUHGHHH (that's me laughing and throwing up at the same time). Here go my address for the phillies:
 
Elder Sumner Mahaffey
Philippines Cebu Mission
Temple Complex CJCLDS
Gorordo St. Lahug, Cebu City
6000 Cebu, Philippines
 
HOLLA AT ME!
 
I love you all. I'm praying for all of you and I send a million hugs and lovinz your way. CAN YA FEEL IT?!
 
Ang Dios Magauban Kaninyo,
Anciano Mahaffey

No comments:

Post a Comment