Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Holy Balut!!

What up what up how yall derin! Good mornting!

HAHA I'm literally laughing right now thinking about this past week. SO much has happened. First of all, I'm doing SO so much better. I was terrified and in shock last week but then I just thought to myself, You're here for two years, make the most of it. If all I can do is smile and shake peoples hands, then that's what I'll do! hahaha but no the language is actually a lot better in comparison to last week. I'm understanding a lot more. 

Alright here we go. This week I was walking across this bamboo bridge to a house on stilts over the water and I BROKE the bridge..HAHAH I heard a crack and then one leg went all the way through and one leg stayed up. I can hear you laughing right now. So I was stuck there for a second, doing vertical spilts, but then I got up and it was all good. Except, my leg is bruuuised up purple and black hahaha oh I'm still laughin. 

Also, I had BALUT. For those who dont know what it is, it's a chicken egg with the half developed chick inside -- days from hatching. There are pictures. It was ok... definitely different. I'm just glad I didnt throw up. 

So we were riding in a trike (a motorcycle that has a little cart attached to it) and it is SO crunched and small and it's raining real hard outside, the driver hits a pot-hole and the trike tips over.... with us inside... hahah two heavy americans. 

Anyway, everythings an experience here. I love it. I love the people, I love the food, I love the philippines! I love the Lord. I wouldn't be here if I didnt know this Gospel was true. Sitting in these people's bamboo and cement homes, I just wish I could tell them how important this message is and how it could change their lives. Oh man. Yeah it's still extremely hard here, but I'm here for a reason. Things get better. Cast your burdens on the Lord and He'll sustain you. I'm so grateful for these restored truths to the Earth. They bring so much happiness. 

How is everyone??

Stay strong and pray always yall.

Elder Malipayon (MaHappy)
Psalms 55:16-17

Eating Balut!!

This is the way we wash our clothes, wash our clothes, wash our clothes...

Cute kid




1 comment:

  1. Finally got to read allll of these. So cool. I get excited for you as I read.

    ReplyDelete