Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pagpasalamat ta!

LIFE IS SO GOOD, AINT IT?!

Hahaha I love reading all your emails and hearing about your experiences and I'm just overwhelmed with thanks to be alive. "Our degree of gratitude is a measure of our love for God" (Elder Nelson). Always be grateful for everything. Be grateful for families, be grateful for hard times, be grateful for toilet paper and potato chips and oreos....hahaha Oh man I can't tell you how happy I feel right now. This week we got 6 new investigators and 7 less actives came back to church for the first time! Miracles are happening I tell ya! I wish I could tell you everything that happens.

We met these two women at a little Tindahan, Lorna and Beth Gubat mother and daughter, and we I2L'ed them (that's "invite to learn", unique to our mission) and they agreed and we taught them part of the first lesson. I can't tell ya how much I love these people. It's a new feeling loving complete strangers... it's awesome. They were some of the nicest people I ever met. Sometimes in the middle of a lesson I just think to myself, I'm in the Philippines, talking in this strange language and they're understanding me and I'm telling them that Christ's church is on the earth again...how awesome is that?

Anyway, we did splits this week and I led the area and it was so awesome because I felt really effective and I got to know the people better. The language is getting better!

Man I love Cebu more and more everyday. Either riding in a Jeepney or a trike or sitting in a house over the water, I just think to myself, "This is so sweet.." haha I'm so grateful for the gift of prayer and the strength it's brought. The Lord is with us. Man, I can't tell you enough how true this is. Like mara said, it's not belief anymore, it's a knowledge. This Church is true. I love you all. I love life! Glory and thanks be to God.


Have a great week yallz


Love,
Elder Mahaffey


No comments:

Post a Comment