Wednesday, October 3, 2012

"Pretty sure that wasn't pork..."

Hellurr!! Good Afternoont!

Mara is right. SO much happens in one week it feels like a month. Imma just get right to it. First language slip-up and probably the worst...You guys are gonna love this one. Last week I got a hair cut and we were at someones house for dinner and they said "You look like youve gotten skinnier" and I was trying to say "Oh it's cuz I just got a haircut" BUT instead I said "Oh it's cuz I just got circumcised." I really said that. Everyone was laughing. The difference is one letter!! Shoooot. hahaha

It's always an adventure walking through the streets. People saying "Hey! I like your nose! Gimme your eyes! Take off your ears." Weird. And sometimes there will be goats just comin out of nowhere. Just a herd of goats on the main highway. whaaat. And the other night I was sitting outside talking to this girl about the book of mormon and all of a sudden, a rooster lands on my head. flaaappin its wings. Freaked me out. Also, I'm 90% sure I ate dog on accident yesterday.

Anyway, tomorrow is my one month in the Philippines! Can ya believe it?? The language has definitely improved but I'm still really clueless a lot of the time...haha but I love the people more and more everyday. They are so giving. One night we had dinner and we were SO stuffed and when we went home, our landlord invited us into eat. and of course, we can't reject food because it's rude, so we went in and on the table, there was a GIANT whole pig on the table with rice and fish and drinks and I felt like crying forcing that food down my throat. Just try to imagine my face with every bite..haha

I'm so happy to have this gospel in my life, like Mara said. One of the less actives we're teaching, Jessica, came to church last sunday. It was the greatest feeling in the world. She seemed so happy. I'm constantly reminded of the goodness and power of God. We must always always remember him and what he has given us. Always be grateful for what you have. There's so many blessings in gratitude. Especially happiness. I'm so grateful for the experiences I'm having. The happiness that comes from knowing that Jesus Christ lives is incredible. The true gospel is on the earth again. The windows of heaven are open! Even though I don't know the language that well yet, as I'm speaking about the gospel, It's amazing to feel the Holy Ghost testify through me. SO awesome.

I have to go handwash my laundry now. Have an awesome week yallllz.

Alohas,
Elder Mahaffey

No comments:

Post a Comment