Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Betta Appreciate!!

I FORGOT TO POST THIS ON NOVEMBER 20TH!

Hahaha life. KINABUHI DEBA? I love it. So elderfudge was sick half this week again...half my journal entries are about cooking and cleanting...sup martha stewart. hahah im funny. anyway, it was obvious that i had been inside too long because one night i was sitting there reading some general conference talk for single parents and i heard fireworks outside. oh my holy. it was fantastic. i ran out on the porch and the whole sky was just filled with giant fireworks and i was smiling so big and it made me so happy. i just marveled like a little boy. hahaha

so we finally got back out to work and one day we were waiting for a trike and a beggar came up to me and played a little hand made instrument. so we're not supposed to give them money andijust looked the other way and i felt SO awkward. hahaha he was standing so close to me and i felt like Vallie when youre trying to give her food she doesnt want and her eyes are all shifty and awkward ahaha that was me.

So tomorrows thanksgiving. Man i miss America sometimes. hahaha anyway, they obviously dont celebrate it here but our neighbors have pet turkeys that walk around sometimes....all im sayin is watch yo turkeys...ANYWAY speaking of thanksgiving, being here in the philippines has made me realize some things that i should never take for granted. America is a blessed land. So i made a list of things we should always be grateful for:

1. Washing machines, dryers, dishwashers, microwaves
2. Bacon, oreos, potato chips, ice cream, milk, eggs, BUTTER, ham, steak, real meat
3. Clean air.
4. Toilet paper
5. Grass/yards
6. Clean, cold, running water (our water got turned off this week, even though we paid the bill!)
7. Air conditioning.
8. Carpet, front door, a roof, a floor
9. hot showers. (the shower every morning takes my breath away its so cold)
10. Walmart
11. Mom's bread

the list goes on... but I'm so grateful for the trials i have now and how its increased my gratitude for small things like that. Be grateful for amurica!! Be grateful for family. I love our family so much. SO much. I love the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. "God be thanked for the matchless gift of his divine Son" (the Living Christ). Let us all remember the words of Amulek and live in thanksgiving daily.(alma 34:38). Always pray and pour out your heart in gratitude for the mercy and goodness of our God.

Serve others. Show your gratitude by giving and sharing your blessings with others. "God watches over us and loves us, but it is usually through another person that he meets our needs. Therefore, it is vital that we serve our fellowmen."

I love you all so so much! Be good and clean and strong. The holiday season "officially" starts tomorrow! Happy Turkey Thanksgiving day yalllllzzz!

Love,
Elder Mahaffey
(Psalms 69:30)

Ps- we got a Christmas tree!! lookin so gwapoooo fine.
pps- the best way to spread christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.
ppps- transfers on friday!!! my new companion is a filipinoooo!!! WOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment