Wednesday, January 16, 2013

HAPPY FILIPINO NEW YEAR!!!

One word: fireworks. I think every person should experience a New Year's in the Philippines. My ears are still ringing. Honestly it was like an apocalyptic war. The main roads were just still and nobody was out and then midnight hit... It was a stream of never ending fireworks for like 4 hours straight. And they literally sound like bombs here...it shakes your whole body. Hahaha
We got to watch 2 disney movies on NYE and we watched tangled and ice age 4!! haha you should have seen it-- a bunch of 20 year old guys watching Rapunzel and cracking up...desperate
 
We were working one day with the ward missionaries and one girl said she wanted to only speak english with me so I started talking and she goes "um um Elder mahappy, wait. Your english is too deep and I can't swim." Hahahaha i laughed so hard
Big news: I'm transferring to Toledo! It's country and mountain and fresh air so I'm excited. I love this work and I know it's real yall. Happy New Year! set resolutions. Peace, love, and rice.
Aloha,
Elder Mahaffey
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog! I was reading some of his letters. Wow what a different world the Philippines is! Thank you for all these beautiful pictures as well! I was looking at the group picture here, with the balloons, and I see one of my good friends, Elder Jake DeSchepper!!! I was really close to him before he left on his mission to Cebu! That is so amazing! He is one of the three white boys haha. I haven't heard from him for a few months now, so this picture made my day :) They look so loved and they look like they are enjoying where they are serving.

    ReplyDelete