Friday, March 29, 2013

egg-cellent times.

Wow.

It's been quite a week. Let me just tell you, birthday's are a big deal here in the Phillies so on march 22, I fed like the whole town of Lamac. I ordered a giant ice cream barrel and there was a line literally going out the door for it. We had chocolate cake and cookies and pancit and spaghetti and fried chicken and...lots of rice. At the end of the night, they all smashed eggs on my head because I'm one year older....i'm not sure I see the connection...

I've realized that the pilipinos' personality and culture reminds me so much of "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"...like exactly. they are so loud, they'll use any excuse to gather and eat food, everyone outside their culture just "doesnt get it", they love to gossip, the old people are crazy and they have their little folklores and home remedies for everything.

We've been working with the members to get them scripture reading and it's finally happening..for the first time on my mission, i'm seeing families reading their scriptures. As for investigators...very unstable. But our main focus is members...thats how bad it is...the missionaries are working with ACTIVE members. They come to church but theyre not active in the gospel, you know? I hate sin. Literally it makes me cringe to see Satan tearing families apart. "My soul abbhoreth in sin...but delighteth in righteousness" (2 nephi 9:49)...I absolutely love seeing families keeping their commitments and seeing the blessing of finding faith in Christ. So that's our job, to help them become truly converted to the Lord. Glad to see some progress!

How yall derin?? are YOU reading? dont miss one day! are yall having fun and serving others and going on adventures? BETTA! i love you so much and you are always in my thoughts and prayers.

love and aloha,
elder mahaffey












No comments:

Post a Comment