Thursday, August 29, 2013

It's Rainin' Investigators! (August 13)

Speakin of rain, it has rained every day this week. I've realized that every storm is called a "typhoon" here...even if it's a little rain. hahah aint no typhoons gonna stop the work! Something funny about filipinos: they absolutely haaaate getting wet. like cats. if it's raining, every single person on the street has an umbrella or hat on. If you get wet, you're supposed to take a shower immediately or else you'll get a bad fever. filipino filosofies. so we must look crazy out on the streets completely drenched with a big smile everywhere we go.

Our investigators are making great progress. Joseph is back on track and hasnt had one cigarette this week!! I love seeing the Book of Mormon's role in people's conversion. "There is a power in the book of mormon which will begin to flow into your lives the moment you begin a serious study of it." That goes for anyone!

Also, to anyone reading this, if Mormon missionaries ever approach you, please accept them. let them in your home, i promise only good can come of it.

This is a great work. I love the philippines. I love the rain. I love the sun. I love the ocean. I love the fresh fish caught this morning. "it's the good life to be free"

Heavenly Peace, love of God and grace,
elder mahaffey

No comments:

Post a Comment