Thursday, September 19, 2013

Peace, Love, and Squatters (September 18, 2013)

Life is so crazy now! this transfer is flying by. We have so many meetings now with  our mission president because we're preparing for a Peace Festival next week and city zone is helping run it. I'm excited. It's like an inter-faith festival where all religions will come to the town plaza park and set up booths and we're participating this year. It's gonna be so cool.
This week we got to go interview a couple for baptism and they live in the mountains in the middle of all these tiny cement houses. So I interviewed the old husband/ brother Fransico/ and we went out and sat on the top of their rusted tin roof cross legged and we were overlooking the mountain side stuffed with squatter slums. the moon was really big and Brother was holding a little oil lamp to light my scriptures. I was inspired and humbled as he spoke about his love for the true gospel and his desire to be baptized by someone holding the right authority. Such a good/godly man.
Our investigators make me so happy. Sister Olive is a very smart elect single mom that just wants to be a good person. she wants to change. I admire her relationship with Heavenly Father. She says "before..I keep asking Him help me help me. and then you come to my life and I think He's saying 'here! I'm giving you help! These people can help you! This is true!" Isn't that awesome?
Sister Jossana reads her scriptures every day and she says she feels happier in her life because she knows her purpose and she knows where's she's headed and what her potential is. One of the most elect people I've ever met.
Brother Jerricks is a father-to-be.. His wife will give birth next month and I think he's a little intimidated by that but I can tell he's looking for the right thing for his family. He's very sincere in his prayers. I love that.
It's all good up here in Apas Philippines. I love having the temple in our midst. It really is heaven on earth. We have temple tours every Thursday and at the end of the tour/ we let the people go inside of the temple and sit in the waiting room and pray and for some.. it's the first time praying. Everyone says "it was like heaven in there!" or "I felt like someone was in there.." or "i felt the most peace in my entire life".
Welp that's about it. 'Til next week. Be good y'all
Love
elder sum

No comments:

Post a Comment