Tuesday, January 28, 2014

THE SECRET of AMBITION

January 21, 2014

The life of a Mormon missionary is really unbelievable. I can only imagine what we look like to other people. 

This week as I read from "Articles of Faith" by James Talmage, I was impressed by his statement, "Faith becomes to us the foundation of hope, from which spring our aspirations, ambitions, and confidences for the future. This principle becomes therefore the impelling force by which men struggle for excellence ofttimes enduring vicissitudes and suffering that they may achieve their purposes." This is completely and wholly applicable to our work and more personally, my life. This incentive, this hope and faith of everything I've learned is the driving force that keeps me going a midst of so much fatigue and disappointment.

We've had many opportunities to serve people along our path as we go about our day. I learned this from Elder Laureano. He just takes peoples broom from their hand and sweeps for them or pulls weeds in their farm and brightens people's day. We found a less-active member and taught her and found out that it was her daughters birthday but she didn't have anything to take home to her, so we went to a bake shop and bought a giant birthday cake!  ah-- her face was the best. 
We went tracting this week and knocked on a house bigger than the white house...it was huge. Before we knew it, a little 8 year old girl popped out and said "Hello my name is Carol and NO I DON'T WANNA BE A NUN!" and then ran off. hahahaha we don't either, Carol!

Well, life is sweet here in Valencia. sweet as the fresh mangoes! mm mm mm
Love you. 

love,
elder sum


No comments:

Post a Comment