Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sensations of Gratitude

Sorry it's been a while since i last wrote. As some of you know, it has been a difficult time this past month. In fact, it's been the most trying time. I want you to know that it has also been the best. 

I wish I could just download my journal to you so you could read the detailed experiences of my time here. One of the greatest things that happened to us this week, one of our investigators, Danny (one of the three men that we taught in the nipa hut), said he has been reading the Book of Mormon every night. He says he feel his life is better and happier. He's pretty far from his family because he's working here in Valencia, but his wife visited, found his BoM and loved it and took it home (we referred them to the elders in the next zone). So we gave him a new copy. The other night we were sitting in our nipa hut  and we taught about the temple sealing and how his family can be together forever.  Then when we finished, he said he wanted that for his family (it is very rare for people here to understand the sealing on the first explanation). He bore his testimony that he wants to be baptized so that he can be 'forever' with his family. Then he chuckled humbly because he said the word 'forever' in English. We set a baptism date for him next month, please pray that he can find a way to come to church easily. He lives so far away and plans on walking. 

I glory in this work! It brings so much happiness and "touches the deepest spring of emotion." I know it's real. No angelic or heavenly visitation could convince me more. Thank you for supporting me and other missionaries around the world.

LOVE you all.
Elder Mahaffey

No comments:

Post a Comment